which ACI?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Tikkamike, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I am looking for and ACI that mounts on your rail which one do you guys reccomend?

2. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Mike, I have the Horus ACI/ACD on my 338 RUM, the ACI is well made & very clearly readable, the ACD is kinda funky as it has only one line which is meant to bisect the bubble rather than the "normal" version of putting the bubble between two lines.

All is made well with the exception of the mount, the mount to rail part is solid & needs no discussion, however, the mount to ACI/ACD part is sub par, one very small set screw there, just doesn't cut it, first range session it was loose after less than 10 rounds; the way it sets makes me think it's canted which if true, will take the ACD out of the equation. I do have some more playing/testing to do, but as of now I'd say, save your money for something a little more robust.

3. Outlaw6.0

Even looks canted from this view!

Attached Files:

4. Tikkamike

how are you supposed to use that thing with it hanging off the right side of the rifle? haha ok yeah I wont get that one thanks for the heads up

5. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

6. Outlaw6.0

Mike, have you looked at the FlatLine Ops? Len has it there on the Gear Shop... I think that will be my next ACD/ADI.

7. Tikkamike

yeah i have they are very awesome.