Which 30mm Talley LW's for M700?

Bater

Mounting a Viper HS-T 4-16x44 to a stock SPS 700 (sporter contour) and need to confirm med is the correct hight. If someone has this setup I would appreciate the help.

Brett

If you want your cheek to be as low as possible then i would go with the lows. My old man has a set of lows on his tikka and has a 50mm obj scope on it. Its really close but there is still clearence.

I have a Vortex 4-16x44 mounted on a 700 in 300win with a sporter barrel. I had Talley mediums and had plenty of clearance. I have 50mm scope mounted on 700 .308 with a sporter barrel. I have the flip up on it and still have clearance.

Jay

With a 44 mm objective it's usually the ocular touching the bolt handle that limits clearance. Buttler Creek covers make the problem wore. I would go with medium bases.

Be sure to lap Tally lightweight rings, because the ring surfaces are extruded and are not very round.

Perfect gentlemen, thanks for the replies. I have mediums being shipped at this time and will definitely lap.

Thanks again,

Brett

Have the 25mm medium for my z5 scope. Problem is not the barrel but the bolthandle - tried the low first with no luck.

Have lapped the ringbase and bedded the base to the action (in reverse order).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.