where to physically compare scopes?

Gooseblitz

Hey guys I am in central PA. Any of you fellas know where to get to look at some of these top end scopes? I have a tough time plunking down the cash without a comparison. My younger brother has a 8-32 NF BR and my cousin a Leupold to compare but I am looking at IOR 3-18 w/35mm tube, the NF NXS 5.5-22 and the Zeiss 6-24x56. Do I have to travel all over creation to see these...it pretty much makes side by side comparison impossible. For that matter I'd love to consider a USOptic as well but not like I run into one at the rifle range so I can look through.
I have a 300RUM being built right now and need to get my optics in order.

From what I have heard USO should be no worries, if you have the $$$. If I was loaded I would order one without seeing it first, no second thoughts.

NXS's are excellent scopes for sure. The S&B PMll serries scopes are the choice of Accuracy International and the USMC

Why don't you try to go to some of the long range matches that are held in Pa. and talk to some of the shooters there. I think some matches are held in Williamsport, which is somewhat central/ne Pa. Or contact some local gunsmiths in your area and maybe they can be of some help to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.