Where to find Hodgdon 1000?

I picked up 3#s here last week. May want to give them a call and see if they will ship

Weber's Guns 2701 Ira Young DrTemple, TX 76504254.791.4867

No issue with me. I have 3 Eight Pound jugs in my powder magazine......:) Probably more than I need in 5 years.....

Your local gun shop might have some. I know the 2 local to me shops both have H1000, Varget and Retumbo. Most local shops don't have the internet (vacuum cleaner) exposure.....

Just got 2-1000 boxes of Federal Large Magnum Match Rifle Primers tonite (GM210M) at a local to me shop.

Chances are you won't find what you want online anytime in the near future. Internet retailers have it come in and if they can fill backorders and have any left (not likely), it's gone in minutes, whereas, the local gun shop might have it on the shelf for months, getting a dusty lid......:)

...and your local shop will most likely be chaper even with sales tax factored in.

Been waiting patiently for 6 boxes of Sierra 240 grain 44 magnum Sportsmasters from Midway for a month now. No hurry, for future use as I have 5 boxes not loaded anyway.

Yep, depends on the local shop but I can find a good selection of powders if I poke around a bit. Even 215's and such can be found if you are willing to wait a bit and shake out your wallet when you see them. The problem here is the hoarders and such are still sucking the 22 market to crap. If it weren't for being able (aint the net a wunder??) to gouge guys willing to pay up, this little hoarding bonanza would be over already.

Call Weber Gun's won't ship, been to almost every gun shop in KY, no H 1000, and don't know when they get any.

Thank for the try, if you hear of someone that has some and will ship please let me know.

thanks again

Why don't you try looking for alternate powders to work up a load with...Something you CAN find locally...

Maybe IMR 7828 SSC, Reloder 25, H50BMG, Vihtavuori N165, or something like that?

I just had the rifle built and I am open for suggestion for loads, I also bought a Gunwerks 7mm LRM and the use H1000 in their loads, but for the STW do you have pet loads I can try?

thanks

I do, but my loads won't necessarily work in your rifle. You also need to get really familiar with the STW itself first, before attempting most of the loads you see us using in here. Most of us have worked up to where we're at to make sure we don't blow up our rifles. For examble, I seat my bullets very near the lands, which can cause more pressure in the case (severe overpressurization can be hazardous to your rifle's health). I'm using 7828 SSC and Berger 180 Hybrids with Nosler brass. But I would suggest working up slowly from a book starting load to find your velocity node and the sweet spot for your barrel.

I do, but my loads won't necessarily work in your rifle. You also need to get really familiar with the STW itself first, before attempting most of the loads you see us using in here. Most of us have worked up to where we're at to make sure we don't blow up our rifles. For examble, I seat my bullets very near the lands, which can cause more pressure in the case (severe overpressurization can be hazardous to your rifle's health). I'm using 7828 SSC and Berger 180 Hybrids with Nosler brass. But I would suggest working up slowly from a book starting load to find your velocity node and the sweet spot for your barrel.

Not only your rifle... you face as well. Those 90 degree drillways in the receiver only let out so much overpressure.......

I never ask anyone for a load recipe (on here or anywhere else) and I don't allude to any either. Proper load workup is paramount to accuracy and safety and that isn't obtainable with someone else's cookie mix. Be your own chef, do your own baking.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts