Where to buy primers?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Quaddrager, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Quaddrager

Quaddrager Active Member

Need large rifle @ large mag primers. None to be had here in cali, need some quick. Any info would be a big help. Thanks

2. Quaddrager

Quaddrager Active Member

I guess everyone's in the same boat as I am. LOL Thank's anyway

3. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

When I started reloading, I bought a brick (1,000) of each, Mag, Large, and Small rifle. And when I use a box, I just go to my local store and pick up a box or 2 for $5.00-10.00. Works out ALOT cheaper that way if you just bite the bullet and drop the coin from the beginning. That way when you run down and you can't find a brick to replace your old one, you stay pretty well stocked during the hard times.

My local shop keeps a good supply of them normally, but for a while there it was getting tough to find ANY primers. Lately the primer demand hasn't been so bad, so I've been able to pick up a box or 2 here and there, like I normally do.

Just food for thought.

4. Quaddrager

Quaddrager Active Member

Yea, I have a brick of each also. Just started getting a little lower than normal & when I went to replace them, I soon found out that here in cali they were very hard to find. Everyone that I have called has been having the same problem. I'll keep looking should find some soon. gun)

5. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

Even a few weeks ago the local joints seemed to have a decent amount coming and going through the stores. I picked up a couple of cases to enjoy the ride a bit easier. In the last week or two though they seem to be pretty well dried up. It'll change; you just have to be ready to ante up when you finally see them.

6. gamehawker

gamehawker Well-Known Member

So true.

I've got four 1,000 count bricks of Fed 215 GM on backorder.

At less than $33 per brick I think primers are relatively the less expensive component of reloading!

7. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

I checked out one of the other local shops and they had about everything other than 22 cal stuff. Funny how one is out and another is rather well supplied.