where to buy a 300 RUM shellholder?

NotEnoughTriggerTime

I have a Lee Turret press, and just bought a set of Hornaday 300 RUM dies. They don't come with the shell holder though.

Lee doesn't list 300 RUM dies on their website.

Does anybody know where I can buy a shellholder for a 300 RUM, that fits a Lee press?

Do all brands of presses take the same shell holder? (will a shell holder for a RCBS fit a Lee in other words)

thanks!

Midway has them listed in their catalog # 293-674, says it fits the 300 WM and 338 WM and some other magnum caseheads. I've never used the Lee before, just the Auto-Prime shellholders is all.

I believe the Redding #6 will work in the Lee, but don't take my word for it.
wink.gif

I know my Lee shell holders will fit my RCBS press. But I haven't used my Lee press in years.

I used the same shell holder for 300RUM brass as I do my 7 Rem. Mag.

My only complaint is the Rum Brass won't fit into a Lee Auto Prime.

thanks for the info, it helped.

When the Dies arrived, the Die box said "Use with #5 shellholder"

Midway didn't list the 300 RUM with the #5 holder, but I ordered it anyway as the other cases it fit were also magnums.

Looks like it will work, although it seems a little looser than cases usually fit in the shell holders. My thought is that the 300 RUM rim is a little thinner?

I also ordered a #5 holder for the Lee priming tool, and plan to "ever so gently with a file" open up the throat on the tool to slide the case in place.

RCBS #38 is the RUM shellholder.

Tim,...I slightly ground out my opening on my autoprime,..and the RUM brass goes right in. The rims of the shell holder are still present to square up the case,..so I don't foresee and crooked primer seating and havn't noticed any performance degradation as of yet. Just a hint.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.