Where is the best place to buy paper hunting maps ?

gusd

Hi looking to see where you all think the best place is to buy hunting maps online?
And what maps are your favorite?

Adding to what FearNoWind said, I have used the MyTopo.com website to customize a topographic map to a desired location. You kind of have to get on the website and play around with it, but you can select your size, map boundries, location, scale, lamination, waterproofing, etc. It's not too terribly expensive, if i remember correctly. Haven't used it in a while.

Have used Mytopo for elk hunts in WY and NM as well as for deer hunting in IN and IL and were 100% satisfied every time. Bought both AP's as well as their highbred topo over AP maps and they were helpful hunting in a strange unit beyond measure.

What I loved about their excellent AP's were with them I had no fear of getting lost, I highly recommend Mytopo.

Another vote for MyTopo.com

Just received another one of their maps today. Love the fact that I can select my own area and scale. Off the shelf maps never are exactly aligned with where I want to go.

caltopo as well you can customize. mgrs, usgs, degrees, true north, grid north, whatever you want...shade the inclines that you dont want to go hit to help plan your route..it has everything one would need.

Game Planner Maps makes real nice hunting maps. They cost more than most but they are custom and printed on waterproof paper. The owner is a hunter and very helpful. You wont be disappointed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.