Where in WA?

I did get drawn for the multi season deer tag this year so I have lots of options and will be scouting for the early hunts before to long. The packer we used also worked for the US Forest Service at that time as did my brother inlaw. We had one incident with one horse which went crazy bucking and spewing gear all over the mountain and only stopping a few feet short of going over a cliff as we were all yelling jump. Needless to say we spent some time gathering gear and made camp there and continued on in the AM.

Probably Claud Miller. He's retired from packing but is still a house hold word. At one time he owned over 300 horses and mules. Some were rented to girl scouts of America. I rode with him last year to set up a base camp in the Saw Tooth Wilderness. He sure knows a lot of lore. Slowed down a lot due to some heart surgerys. Come to think of it so have I at 64:rolleyes:

At 67 I know the feeling. I sold my horses last year. But still have my saddle. Richard Shatto is my brotherinlaw that got the goat.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.