Where in the US do you live?

• West of the Mississippi River

Votes: 1,145 61.2%
  • East of the Mississippi River

Votes: 697 37.3%
  • On the Mississippi River on a houseboat

Votes: 29 1.5%

• Total voters
Shanman, thanks for the insights. I always have wondered about the lack of public lands in Texas, sounds like a bummer. I wish Arizona had wild hogs to hunt like Texas though!

I live close to Flagstaff, lots of big game, yotes, varmints, etc and lots of beautiful country and as you know, tons of "public lands" to hunt, although I gotta say each year the USFS becomes more like the Nazi Gestapho with road closures and ridiculous regulations to "protect" the forest from the people. We have the best of both worlds though with high desert hunting AND forested mountain terrain to hunt!

I have been up in that area many times! Even out around the 4 peaks area they have been pretty strict on road closures in the past, but I had the chance to ask them about it and they said it was actually to keep the dirt bikes and quads out because they keep tearing up too much land by not sticking to the trails. You ever been to West Fork in Sedona? I have always had good personal encounters with the fish and game people but haven't had as much experience around the Flag area. What animals are you planning on hunting this year?

Depends on the water level but west of the Old Miss.. A couple of times in the last few years I nearly needed a boat to get away from the Missouri here. You can be above the 100 year flood plane, but it doesn't do jack when not all of the roads are.

Recent Posts