Where can I get a 7 lrm reamer

Dakota Rim diameter is larger than standard magnum cartridges like the 375 Ruger .545" vs .532".

7mmDakota
7mmDakota_zps74ec862c.jpg

375 Ruger
375Ruger_zps7d06403d.png

I have here in front of me 300 Daokat brass. It fits in these bolt faces, 7 RM M77, 300 WSM Sako M85, 300 RUM R700. There is enough play in the bolt face to accomadate the Dakota, also the actual measured rim diameter (vs spec) is about .542

The Howa/Vangurd bolt faces in 7 RM and 300 WBY are to tight. It would be very easy to open them up.

300 Dakota also fits in my Wby Mark V. Brass from Dakota cost $1.80 and RCBS dies I believe were about $130 or maybe $150.

When you spend thousands for a new rifle, the "expensive" Dakota brass is only a few cents more per round...Now I don't know the relative quality of the two yet.

Yes the price was not that big of a deal, but Possibly having to open the bolt face plus the extra cost when I could do the same thing easier and cheaper was what made the decision for me.

300 Dakota brass is made by Hornady to Dakota specs and it's very good quality. I imagine the LRM brass is also of good quality. 7 Dakota brass is made by Norma and is also good quality.

Redding Dakota dies are $195 and RCBS $145.

If the LRM brass is as good as the Dakota, it's hard to argue against it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.