Where can I find rem 700 action screws that have allen heads

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by CA48, Jun 4, 2011.

1. CA48

CA48 Well-Known Member

I needed a front trigger guard screw for a 700 LA. So I just ordered the set from forster on midway, they came in the heads where for a flat head screw driver. Was not happy about this but decided to put it anyways and it didn't even reach the the threads, it was a good 1/4'' (just guessing) shorter than my original screw. So can anyone tell me where to find the front action screw or a set that has an allen head, torx would be even better but I doubt they are made.

Thanks

2. moombaskier

moombaskier Well-Known Member

E-bay or Gun trader .com. I got some of the longer ones from guntrader for my last build.

3. GNERGY

GNERGY Guest

I tried to post the pages from midway but it wouldn't let me.
    Go to midway and go to gun parts by manufacture and go Rem 700 and its the front trigger guard screw and rear guard screws, they come in blue and stainless

Tarey

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  4. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

Brownells has them.

5. CA48

CA48 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

6. gunaddict

gunaddict Well-Known Member

I have some extra allen heads that came with my HS stocks. They are black. I have several sets.

7. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

I just recently started making extended 1/4-28 trigger guard screws with a 3/16" socket allen head. These are a 2 screw set the the Remington BDL bottom metal. I have them in blued (1 3/4" and 2 1/2") or stainless (1 3/4" and 2 1/4"). They are $6 per set with free shipping. They should be up for sale in my store soon or shoot me a pm or e-mail and we can deal before that. Here's a photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cockcroft

cockcroft Well-Known Member

Kevin,
    Cap head turned down?

9. Kevin Cram

Correct

10. texan79

texan79 Well-Known Member

Kevin,

Why is the stainless shorter? Go ahead and add a set of those to my 7 mag build sheet. (Mike)

11. Kevin Cram

All these screws are extra long and will need to be cut and/or ground to fit for length. I bought the original screws per 100 and got a better price on the 2 1/4" stainless. Price almost doubled just by adding another 1/4" that you'll end up cutting off. I already had the 2 1/2" blued screws and knew I always ended up removing over 1/4 " anyway.

12. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

I had to do the same thing. I ordererd the bulk pack from Brownells and had a friend who is a machinist at work make me two sets for my CZ550 Safari that will soon become a .338 Lapua Improved (either 30 or 40 degrees---preferrably a 30 degree shoulder). It would be a .338 Kubla Kahn, however I personally don't like belted cases. Hands over fist better than the flat screws!!! The ONLY way to get a good consistant torque on the bolts.