Where can i find reloading data Berger 7mm?

WEATHERBY460

I need some reloading ideas for the berger 7mm rem mag using 168's,,,,i plan to try h1000

also what size primer do i need...thanks

i emailed berger a week ago, and no response//they must be busy

First of all, make sure the twist of your barrel is sufficient to stabilized 168 gr. Berger bullets. The twist needed should be printed on the box of your bullets.

You can use data from any of the loading manuals meant for copper jacketed lead core bullets. Just start low and work up. I use RL-22 in mine over Federal 210M (large rifle match) primers in mine with good success.

Berger lists 66-69.5 grains for H-1000 and a 168 VLD. I found H-1000 to be the best in my 7mag. Walt Berger has always gotten back to me within 24 hours, I bet he didn't get your email.
Keep in mind Berger's data is with a c.o.l. of 3.29. You will most likely load these longer which will change the pressures a bit. A lot of guys load around 70.5 gr of H-1000 with the 168s. This should get around 3000 fps or so. I'd start around 67.5- 68 grains and work up carefully.

yes i have always got a reply next day, i have all the info at home if you want i can post it later.

use a rem 9.5m , cci 250 or a WLRM ; unless you hunt in below zero weather then use a 215gm. you do not say what rifle. my remington have shot everything i have tried quite well. h-1000 and h-4831 are good ones.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.