Where can I buy?

What cal are you putting the muscle break on. I have one for my Edge build, and I hope it will tame the recoil down to 308 levels with a 300gr pill. The rifle will weigh in around 13lbs.

Last edited:
I have Jims 3port brake on my 300 win Sendero. I would say the recoil is slightly more than a 243. In talking with Jim the muscle brake is considerably more efficient.

Over the past few months the only gun I have shot has been my Sendero. I took my Ithaca 30-06 deer rifle out the other day to do some load development. It is a light gun with a plastic butt plate. I started shooting with the Sendero - nice + relaxed off of sand bags - just a gentle push. I made the mistake of holding the 30-06 the same way - pulled the trigger - oh shxx that hurt - I now have a bruise the size of a fifty cent piece. Thats what you get for not paying attention.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.