When do you start practicing for the fall season?

I shoot year round, but I don't shoot everyday. I'm a hunter first, so I like to take a couple days off and then go out and shoot my furthest distance for one arrow.

I also shoot up close and close my eyes just to shoot for feel. I just vary it as time passes and I try and figure out what i need.

I shoot about 3 times a week on average, depends on the weather. Here lately the wind has been so bad that I have not gotten to shoot as much as I would like.
I work yardage lines pretty hard out to 40. That is my hunting limit. I shoot spots and bullseyes on the ground and from a stand I have set up in my pasture and can take that up to 20ft. I also shoot animal targets but the thieves around me have caused me to be unable to leave my targets setting out.
I shoot at 70# year round sitting and standing on the ground or in a stand. The reason I have my bow set to 70 is that I shoot Slick Trick Bh's and when I put a drop away rest on my bow the BH's began to shoot 2" low (I removed a WB rest). I tweaked my bow up from 65# to 70# and it brought the BH's to POA.

Weather here allows for shooting year around. I have a mini-3D range (four animals, two bags and one block). I shoot every other day with 90% at 60 yards. I use to shoot 40-60 shots each day but now keep it between 20 to 25 shots. Lifes grand!!!

Shoot year round.Keep in mind that archery is an athletic endeavor and it is easy to overtrain.About three times a week works for me.Sore or tired muscles from other activities can negatively affect your shooting especially shoulders.Caffeine can also have affect on archery,I know it does with me.My best time to shoot is in the morning after breakfast.Have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.