Wheeler tools - any good?

sdkidaho

I've seen a couple of tools made by Wheeler Engineering and am just wondering if they are any good.

Their F.A.T. Wrench with 10 bit set and their Level-Level-Level. I read a few reviews of the wrench and guys seemed to really like it but haven't found much on the scope level yet. Just wanted to check with you guys and see if any of you have used them and what you thought of them.

Thanks,
Darby

I bought a FAT wrench just so I can say "yes I torqued it". I know consider it a basic tool that you need, when I went though and check the action screws I learned a few things that I was not doing :rolleyes:

I have the Fat Wrench and the leveling kit. The fat wrench works good, but the allen head for Remington screws wants to wallow out the top of screw. I need to get a different allen . Scope leveling kits works best on Remington actions. I just mounted two scopes on Remington 's today, using those tools.

The Fat wrench is a good tool, not top of the line but worth what you pay for it.

The level-level-level is not worth it. The little bubbles are not precise and they work on few rifles. Even if you get the rifle level there is no guarantee that the turret or turret cap is level with the interior reticle. In fact I have seen several posts complaining that the elevation turret was not level.

There are better ways to level a reticle and take the cant out of the rifle.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/canting-what-do-you-think-46822/index2.html#post316741

I have both tools and feel they're both good for the price. I find the torque wrench particularly valuable.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.