Whats Your Rifle's Name

My buddy shoots a Savage 10 FCP HS Precision in 308. Everytime we took that gun out we put the smack down on anything we were trying to hunt. After killing our 3rd coyote of the morning by 10 AM one Saturday we named it "The Black Plague" because death seems to follow wherever it goes.

I have a 338 Khan named "Esmeralda". A buddy was having a tough time with 338 Kubla Khan so he started calling it Quasimodo, but I'm not snuggling up cheek to cheek with a dude. Staying with the hunch back of notre dame theme, we switched to Esmerelda.

My other 338 Khan has an olive stock and olive ceracoated barrel and action. Her name is J Lo, since she is a sultry olive skinned beauty.

My apologies to Wild Rose, I am firmly ensconced in the lazy boy for the evening and don't have pics on my iPad. Too lazy to get up and switch to my computer......:cool:

IMG_1346.jpg
fff
Here is "El Jefe" . Just picked it up this week.
eljefe.jpg

Here is my dream girl...Shanina.

Just arrived yesterday from Joel Russo. She is a Bruce Baer/Joel Russo masterpiece in 338 Big Baer.

Why Shanina? If you aren't familiar with the female Soviet sniper check her out: Roza Shanina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I name it after her because she was "Beautiful but Deadly" - which will describe my baby perfectly. Shanina was the "unseen Terror of East Prussia" with 54 confirmed kills as a sniper. My gun and I hope to be the unseen Terror of the Rockies (at least where we hunt). Elk shall fear her, have nightmares about her :) (as long as I can point her straight)

Shanina had more Cajones than most men I know. Walked 120 miles through remote forest at age 14 to run away to school. Volunteered for the war, wanted in the toughest fighting, even got in trouble for going to the front when she was frustrated that they tried to protect the snipers by keeping them back. Lost her life in the war - her battalion had lost 72 of 78 soldiers and she supposedly died shielding her badly wounded Commander. Sounds like one studly chick in my book, pretty hot looking too...I like the idea of beautiful, deadly gun named after her. So Shanina it shall be...

Attachments

• Shanina 338 Big Baer.jpg
    Shanina 338 Big Baer.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 74
  • shanina 2.jpg
    shanina 2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Shanina 2 338 Big Baer.jpg
    Shanina 2 338 Big Baer.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 75
I have a 300 rum Sendero that goes by "Thumper." I also have a Ruger m77 tang 7mm rem mag that effectionately goes by "$h!t can" because that's exactly what it did to the first little Muley I shot with it. My next project will be another 7mm rem mag with a rem 700 action, McMillan hunter and Krieger #5 fluted. It will be named Carey cause that will be its intended purpose.