What's your favorite game meat?

Dskiper

Hi hunters! I've had them all I think! Once in a elk camp, we had bighorn sheep,puma loin(great!)buffalo,deer,&antelope.What a cook he was! My favorites are moose potroast or grilled caribou steak.

Does Black angus count if you shoot it to butcher?? just kidding. Pheasant breast, Venison loin. Turtle is pretty good too

I have found that the flavor of game meat can be decided by a simple formula: The amount of miles hiked X the altitude at which hiking occurred multiplied by the number of trips to pack out said critter divided by the square root of the distance of the shot that was made. But then you also have to factor in the company in which it is consumed, the length of the story about the hunt, and the amount of bourbon left in the bottle the next day.

With that formula i decided that rocky Mtn bighorn or Dall sheep is the finest meat ever made. AJ

I have found that the flavor of game meat can be decided by a simple formula: The amount of miles hiked X the altitude at which hiking occurred multiplied by the number of trips to pack out said critter divided by the square root of the distance of the shot that was made. But then you also have to factor in the company in which it is consumed, the length of the story about the hunt, and the amount of bourbon left in the bottle the next day.

With that formula i decided that rocky Mtn bighorn or Dall sheep is the finest meat ever made. AJ

+1, I like your formula.

AJ

Best I ever had was a small fall black bear otherwise I'm not a big fan of wild game..I eat it but dang it hard to beat beef :D

It is really hard to beat bobwhite quail. The saddle of a young of the year eastern cottontail from a clover or alfalfa patch is good, the western ones eat too much sage brush. For hoofed game, buffalo is mild but stringy and there is a lot of it so you had better like it.

I have had duck, white tail ,muley,elk and to boot farm raised hog sugar cured ham man i'm gettin hungry..... MY VOTE IS ELK THE BEST WILD GAME MEAT EVER!!!!:D

The tastiest I've had is nilgai. We had filets wrapped in bacon, and it was almost better than a beef steak! The other cuts had great flavor, too.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.