What's up with components???

Coues Sniper

Anyone else having a hard time finding components? I'm looking for Nosler 300 RUM brass and Federal 215GM primers and I can't find any ANYWHERE. Seems lots of components are getting hard to find... Is it just me? Any leads on the brass and primers is MUCH appreciated! Thanks in advance,

Kevin

I was recently told that the war is taking priority with a lot of the components. I tried to buy some Fed210M and the dealer said he can hardly get them. Federal's priority is on military ammo right now.

Sorry, I buy in large bulk whenever I see anything worth reloading with. Thankfully I only shoot my .300 Win Mag - but I have a couple 1k CCI 250 primer boxes stocked, and a couple hundred pieces of brass in storage.

Sorry I can't help, but I've been stocking up for a while. A little birdie told me this was coming.

I can't see how the war has anything to do with nosler brass. All there 7mm rm is gone also and the last time I checked the military wasn't using 7mm. I can't find any primers either.

This is what someone from Nosler said on the forum.

"The word on the street is that the 300RUM brass is either next in line (308Win might be going through now) or they're running it now. Either way, you should see the stuff within the next month maybe two.
icon_biggrin.gif
"

Nosler Reloading - ammunition, hunting, shooting, and performance reloading expertise from the source.

I can't see how the war has anything to do with nosler brass. All there 7mm rm is gone also and the last time I checked the military wasn't using 7mm. I can't find any primers either.
I never said the war was taking the brass. I said "some components" and more specifically that Federal's priority is the war effort. If a company shifts its production to fulfill a military need do you not think that the other items they produce will not be reduced?

You might be better off placing an order with powder valley and leaving it on back order,sometimes they get components and they are gone before thier website is even updated.

That's what i might have to do... just hope it doesn't take long :(

This is what someone from Nosler said on the forum.
"The word on the street is that the 300RUM brass is either next in line (308Win might be going through now) or they're running it now. Either way, you should see the stuff within the next month maybe two.
icon_biggrin.gif
"

Fingers crossed. Thanks Woody :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.