What's the order of finding the best load for an adjustable gas impingement semi auto?

NewB7654

Here's what's going on. I know about the ladder, OCW, grouping etc but I'm stuck at 1st base. I have a 308 I'm trying to find a best load for. The problem Im having is it's adjustable gas impingement operated. Using stock rounds the primers were blowing out so we were told to turn down or off the gas leading to the impingement. Fair enough but if we're trying to find the best load, how do we factor this is?
Should I keep all bleed back gases off, find the most accurate load then slowly adjust the gas impingement till just enough is used to eject and load the next round?
Maybe I'm thinking about this to much. Maybe the spread of charges used will basically have the same effect on accuracy either way so find out the gas pressure needed to eject and load 1st THEN go about one of the methods to find an accurate load.
Your thoughts please------

If primers are blowing out you have a problem.I don't know a thing about adjustable impingement.But blown primers sound like headspace to me.Tread carefully.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts