Whats the "Hottest" 30 caliber?

smile.gif

Brent,

We estimate using a standard model. The BC will be calculated from tests conducted by Groove Bullets from actual shooting.

Don

Ahhhh, that's all?

Can you answer the others too???
confused.gif

It's still not clear what the "standard" in your statements actually refers to.
wink.gif
confused.gif

Brent,

We use a standard G model. Until we test the bullets we won't really know for sure. I can't answer without data.

Don

Shaky where can I get some load data for a 338 Lapua for the Groove bullets 206 gr. And I see about testing some.

LeMay OUT

LeMay,

We don't have load data for a 338 Lapua. I would suggest asking on forums.

You can obtain the 206gr EXP Groove Bullet through the web site or print out the mail in order form and mail it in with a check.

Don

I don't know how right I am on this, but he (Shaky) could also have a very high Sectional Density. The PRL bullets are like that too. I read that when the Sectional Density goes up so does the B.C.
Just my thoughs.

wasn't there a round called the 300 peagus(i know i spelled that wrong) a few years ago made on the a-square hannibal action that was supposed to be the fastest 30 cal.

Nighthawk, the only way to increase SD for a given caliber is to make the bullets heavier. That's what PRL does/did by using Tungsten Powder--make very heavy bullets for the caliber.

Hi,

I missed this thread! I asked the same question in another forum.

I am building a 30 cal for 1000 yards and the main problem is wind. A mate is using .338WinMag necked down to 30 cal and I was thinking of nekcing down my .338LM. But we are shooting only 155gr. What works best 30cal using 155gr -- wind?

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.