Whats the best shooting rest or bag setup?

WEATHERBY460

I have been using a caldwell lead sleg...but discovered it either breaks my scopes or makes the gun jump causing vertical stringing....i need toi switch to something else...please advise...thanks

What rifle are you shooting? Are you just using the bag set up for sighting in and load developement or do you plan to go to the field with it?

For any kind of accuracy work the Lead Sled is going to cause a lot more problems than it worth by FAR! If you are interested in accuracy try a Good Rest and use good bags.

This rest will not break the bank and is a good one for the non BR shooter -----http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pid=38291/Product/Sinclair-Basic-Shooting-Rest

I have several types that I use depending on what event i am shooting but the Edgewood bags are awesome. Very important to get the rest level --- then get the rifle level on the rest and bags before shooting. This is a subject that can go on and on and on but that is a basic start.

Think of it this way-----you would never build a house on a poor foundation. Shooting is no different..

Yes, i agree get rid of the lead sled. If it were up to me i would use mine for a wheel chock. Look up uncle bud's bull bags, i got the x-7 does everything i want it to do. For me i could never get very comfortable with the sled, im just saying!

those kind of rest are bad for your rifle all the way around your rifle has to take all of the recoil. i have talked to guys that broke there rifle stocks and other parts from using this kind of rest. a good set of bad r the way to go IMO

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.