Whats in your reloading cave?

freebird63

I keep thinking I need to buy some more federal primers and bullets, but in reality I probably have enough.
Is it possible to have too much gear for reloading??
The other day I was at a local gun shop and they only had one 8lb jug of retumbo powder, so I bought it. Also ended up buying another box of 210gr berger bullets.
Went into sportsmans warehouse and came out with a 1lb jug of RE25
I almost ordered another 5000 federal 215 primers the other night, I see that bruno's still has some in stock.
But I stopped myself because my gun is still at the gunsmiths, he's going to put a wyatt extended box magazine in it and lighten up the trigger some more and I would like to change out my scope mount system to a stronger one, like the nightforce 20moa rail and rings, that right there is close to $275.
So is there such a thing as too much????
I know some of this is out of fear that king obama is going to try and limit the ammo and reloading supplies we can buy, or so is being spread around the country.
At this rate I am never going to be able to buy that nice new 338 Edge that I want so badly, oh and along with a 7mm, 22-250, another 300RUM, 7RUM, 6.5-284.....did I leave anything out?????? oh ya a 408 cheytac

to me NO NEVER TO MUCH.the only way I want buy something is when me wife says I need that for a bill or need to get food for the house.but as long as she doesn't have her hand out I am good to go for what ever I want to get and as much as I want.

I am not scared of what might happen to the Obama deal.think he has to much other stuff right now to keep his plate full.(spending our money in the wrong way).my fear is that it will get to the point to that I cannot afford it any more.just the other day I needed some 22lr ammo and spent $22 on a box of 550 count.heck I paid $9.96 the last time I needed some.just glade that the box I have now will last me another 3 years or so.thats unlees my little girl gets into shooting.then I 'll have to feed her 22lr ammo.LOL

another thing to think about is this.just make sure that you have all of your rifels worked up with a reallly good load for that one bullet.then all you have to do is buy what it takes to load up for those rifels.you can even try to load up all rifels with one powder that works for all rifels.this way you want have to have all kinds of powder that you aren not useing.LIKE ME

thats why I have worked up loads useing Varget for all of my rifels.other than my 300wm.but hey this is something that I have choose to do.and thats working for me.but think you still cannot have enough on hand.heck I think one day to soon we will need to take care of our own.so haveing all that I can will help out with that.LOL

"Is it possible to have too much gear for reloading??"

Yes, definately. I sttrongly disagree with Johnboy.

Where do you live? I have a truck and I'll come over and haul your excess away, hopefully before your storage shelves collapse and injure you or a family member.

+1with Johnboy, & +1 with Boomtube too:D.
Im still getting started compared to most of the vetran loaders. So Im still buying anything I can that can be used in multiple rifles (IMR 4831, RL-19, RL-22, IMR 4350,H-4350) etc. I try to always keep at least 2 pounds of each powder on hand tho i wish it were 10 pounds. STUPID ME only bought 1 brick of Federal 215 primers. Now theyre impossible to find, and Im having to re-work all my loads with my 270wsm with 210's rifle primers. Oh well its good data to have on hand, but what a pain. Im in the market for a frige that doesnt work so I can use it for powder and primer storage. I read they work well for prolonged storage periods. Then I can go ''Costco'' style when I get my supplies:D!
Cant ever have too much, you never know whats gonna work best with a new rifle......and I dont plan to quit buying firearms or getting them handed down to me so....................GET WHAT YOU CAN WHILE YOU CAN.....then put me in your will:)

Leading up to the 1920 prohibition of alcohol, many tried to squirrel away a long supply.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.