What's a good travel/airline guncase for long barreled rifles?

jdefranc938

Hey guys,
I am looking to get another travel case for a rifle with a 28" barrel plus a 1.25" muzzle brake. I already have a Pelican 1750 and love it, but it's a bit short for this rifle. I know they just brought the 1770 out as well which is approx. 4 more inches longer. However it's also $250 more... Do you have any recommendations from personal experience on a real nice case that will protect my rifle like "Fort Knox" from the hazards of air travel? Thanks!

Re: What's a good travel/airline gun case for long barreled rifles?

I have both the 1750 and 1770 pelican ...The 1770 is a large case and weighs around 35 lb,s empty. I bought it for the same reason I needed a longer case.
I love it and I can put 4 rifles in it easly...Pelicans unconditional warranty was another reason,they are great people to deal with.

I have the same barrel length with a brake and have used the SKB. I just angle the rifle in the case. The SKB is light, but very strong. I have taken it to Africa and Austrilia several times without any problems.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.