Whats a good 1000 Yard Range finder?

I am shoping for a rangefinder. Who makes one that can read up to 1000 yards reliably? I am looking at a Bushnell 1500 with ARC. Anyone have one? I dont want to buy a 1000 yard rangefinder to discover it cant read anything reliably past 400 yards.

I just ordered a Leica CRF 1600-B from Cameraland, should be here tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts once I get it in hand and take it for a spin or two. I was 95% sure that I was going to go with the CRF 1200 but I went with the 1600-B instead because I wanted to increase the likelihood of consistent performance at 1,000 - 1,200 yards. I'm sure the 1200 would perform up to 1,200+ yards on most occasions and definitely with preferable conditions. What I did not want to do is be disappointed so I chose the 1600-B (which is supposedly good to 1,600 yards +/-). I think LRF's are kind of like horsepower, better to have a little extra than be short or max out what you've got to get the job done. I read too many reviews and guys saying their 1,000 yard LRF wouldnt read past 600-700 yds or were inconsistent at the top end of their range.

I got mine from Cameraland (camerlandny.com) for $799. Talk to Doug, or his assistant Neil is very helpful in answering questions #212-753-5128.
Also talked to a tech rep at Leica about the differences in the 1600 and the new 1600B. With that all said, I dont think the 1200 would be a bad choice at all and might be perfect for your needs. Check them out, they go for about $600.
Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 Rangefinder - Gander Mountain

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.