whats a 270 Washburn???

the barrel is engraved " 270 Washburn" i thinkin it just a 270-300 ultra but want to make sure before i throw it on an action.

Around my place I'd screw it on an action and stick 'er in a stock, duct tape it to and old tire, point it to the mountains, load up a corn meal round and set 'er off with a long piece of cord while hiding behind a large tree, with the video camera running.

I may even do a casting to ensure I don't end up w/a no shoulder case.:D

You're on your own on this one.:confused:

Looks like a 270-300win Ackley.

It's based on a belted case. Has a magnum sized case head. Lastly it is roughly the same length as the 300win.

Last edited:
roy i took your advice on this one. after i did a chamber cast. it was indeed a 270-300 ultra or allen mag as we call them around these here parts. looks like i got me a free 270 allen mag barrel thats never been shot. not sure if the washburn was just something the customer just came up with or what. huntinfool18

Compare the casting w/a RUM case other than the 338 and see if the body taper and shoulder angle have been changed.

If they haven't been altered its probably a 270 Edge:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.