Whats 8lbs of H4350 worth?

Shortgrass, I hope you are right. In normal circumstances I would agree with your assessment. I believe we are entering a political era unlike anything we have seen before. There will be one crisis after another that will be used to further a radical anti gun agenda. The attacks will come from all angles, so far the possession of certain types of firearms have been the focus. Watch for all sorts of new ideas that will limit or prohibit the sale of bullets, primers and powder.

I expect limitations on the possession of black powder by private citizens will be floated first. Then taxes on ammo and components will be levied. The intent of these taxes will be to make buying components a very expensive endeavor.

There may be periods of time when the price of components will decrease, then another crisis will hit and prices will jump. Time will pass and prices will recede but not quite to pre-crisis levels. Then another crisis comes and the cycle repeats itself.

Also the government is printing 85 billion dollars per month. In addition to this they are borrowing 40 cents of every dollar they spend. This is causing inflation. No you say, inflation is only running 2 percent per year. Guess what, the government controls the list of goods and services that is used to calculate inflation. Check out the price of milk, flour, green beans, fuel, etc 4yrs ago. No, it's going up folks, buy components with confidence.

There are really only two options here. Either people figure out they are getting had and toss the current bums out, or we don't collectively see the forest from the trees until it's too late. Either way it's a good thing to have inventory on hand. But getting taken for a ride on said inventory is another matter altogether.
I want the gun shop to make enough profit to stay in business, but I also am on a budget and need to police my resources to stay in the game.

powder is really hard to find so they can charge what ever they want......dont want to pay that then someone in line will
It sounds like your supply issue is rather localized. I'm seeing scarcity online, but when I wank into my local shops if they don't have it, they usually do in a few days- a month ago it was worse but has recently abated. Paying into a gouge because you fear someone else will buy if you don't is part of the problem right now; and it's clearing the shelves on it's own. Pretty much self fulfilling.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.