What would you have done under these circumstances

What would you do under these circumstances

• Watch a second beautifully furred black bear walk

Votes: 55 98.2%
  • Drop him right there, haul him off and nobody knows what happened

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I'm considering adding this guy "fiftydriver" to my list of folks I would hunt with; that's assuming that ss7mm and Roy do not have any problems with that! :D
Kirby, just kidding, I know ss7mm and Roy do like you a little bit... :D ;)
You're in!!!

I want to commend all you guys who responded to this thread and have chose to respect private land. I am a property owner in Idaho and my ranch is posted as is all of the private land belonging to my neighbors. I worked my butt off to be able to retire to a place like this. My ranch is very remote bordering the Hells Canyon National Recreational Area and it amazes me that people think that just because they are miles from a good road and the gates aren't locked they can run the roads and shoot. Nothing ****es me off more than some road hunting poacher that tears signs down and takes advantage of unlocked gates. They simply ruin it for all the decent sportsman out there.
Good for you guys. I'm proud to be somewhat associated with this group.

kcebcj,

Well said!!! Thank You!

It all boils down to this. Hunting is a privilage in our life time. We have to respect that or we will lose that simple gift.

Basically, You just have to do the right thing!;)

Chris

Nonya,
I think you made your point, or did you have onelight bulb:confused:
I'm almost embarrased to be from the same state as you.:rolleyes:
Why do you continually go from site to site stirring the pot?
My post had something to do with the topic,yours is just plain trolling,if you dont like living in my state move.If you cant handle reading my opinion then dont,nobody is forcing you to,get over it.gun)

If it was on NONYA's posted property I'd have pasted that bear... gun)gun) and left the gut pile... :D:D

ROFLMAO-smiley.gif

If someone made an honest mistake, where the hunters map showed that they had the right to hunt there, then charging them is something that I would not have done.

Certainly the landowner had the right to, but if MY NEIGHBOR gave someone permission to hunt his land and the guy inadvertently came on my property, while I would be ****ed, I would take him back to my neighbor and make sure he knew about the situation.

No need to be an ahole toward you neighbor! Someday you might just need some help out of a ditch and if you can't count on neighbors then you may be stuck for a long time...in Winter it could cost you your life!

edge.

In my younger days i would have drilled him. but as we get some age on use hopefully the smarts come with it. i would have still shot him with my 35mm. the older i get the more fun i have with the camera. that way when i pull the trigger the fun isn't over like with a rifle and the work begains.

nonya how big is your ranch????????

I got permission to hunt an 800 acre dry farm. I crossed over into the neighbors property by accident. The farmer who gave me permission told me what I did. So I went to the neighbor to apologize. He had no idea. He thanked me, said not leave any gates open and welcomed me to hunt his property as well. So between the 2 farms and adjacent Natl.Forest land I have access to over 4,000 acres :D. Just 2 other guys and myself.
Pays to do the right thing;)

My hunting buddy and I once each shot spike bulls about an hour apart with our bows. This is one of my fondest hunting memories. Lots of high fives, back slaps, and general good times. We took care of the meat. Got everything ready to come back the next morning and pack it out.

It was about midnight as we were hiking back to the truck. We came to a fence with a locked gate, and we were on the wrong side of it. Now this is one of my worst hunting memories. We had gotten onto private land during our hunt with out knowing it. Never crossed a fence or any thing. I know that it was our responsibility to know where we were, but we did not.

Long story short. The next day, after not being able to sleep, we smuggled our elk out. It was not fun, we felt like criminals.

Hunting is not about the kill. It's about the experience. I would much rather watch the animal, and be glad for seeing it, than do it wrong.

The folks that have responded to this thread all sound like great guys. I would join you in the field.

Good hunting to you all,
Steve

Been there done that----no other choice but the right one!!!!!!! Let it walk---Anything else is wrong and I would personally call the GW if I knew about it!! Done that before with poachers on our land!!

Aside from just doing whats right...Karma is one ruthless B!$%& Take that bear and I would bet you pay for it for a long time with bad luck in the field...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.