What would you do?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by JP Hunter, Dec 12, 2009.

1. JP Hunter

JP Hunter Well-Known Member

I just sent back my new rem700 sps 300rum to get the click then boom problem looked at. So that will putt a hold on my build, if they can even fix it. That made me ask the question why don't I get a finished gun from one of this sites gun shops all tuned up? I'm lucky that I could afford it now with a little saving. My thought is I would like to learn how to build up a gun, but I just don't have enough time and patients it takes to do all that is entailed. I would like to just build up a load and shoot with my time. Or am I just way off the page.

Have any of you use Defensive Edg or others?

Thanks JPgun)

2. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

Are you wanting a gun to shoot sooner than later? I'm sure you'd be happy with DE or any others on this site. Personally I chose Centershot Rifles. If you're wanting a gun sooner rather than later, you should realize that they're all booked for months and months. I heard Kirby Allen was 18 months - can't verify, but even if it's half that...

Another option might be going through Len Backus LongRangeRifles, LLC. I'm not sure what gunsmiths he uses, but he says he can ship a few certain rifles in 4 weeks or less. Might be even faster than your safety is fixed!

Custom Long Range Hunting Rifles

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Shooting is much more preferable to waiting.

With your way you're starting with a quality ring and just have to learn to load and shoot and all the stuff that goes with shooting.

I'd go for it, if I were you.

There are plenty of smiths and other that have already crafted rigs covering the full spectrum of cartridges.

4. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

Jim @ Centershot rifles has done a bunch of work for my dad, my buddy and me. I plan to have him build me another gun when I save a little money. I'm very happy with the pistol he built me!

5. trevor73402

trevor73402 Well-Known Member

Ive also been looking at the Defensive Edge rifles. Im wanting a 338Edge and Shawns guns look really nice and from all the youtube videos Ive seen they shoot very well also. I was curious about the wait time though. I im not a paitent person either when it comes to waiting for a new toy. I was hoping to find one that someone was wanting to sell in the classifieds, but no luck yet. Ive looked at the Centershot rifles too that are on here, but I was unaware of the quality since you dont hear of many people buying or shooting them.

6. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Defensive Edge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  7. JP Hunter

JP Hunter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the help. gun)