what would you do??

pressman

my first build is just about complete it is a 260 caliber
with a 26" barrel.
now i have a good friend that has an extra Night Force Scope 5.5 X 22 X 56
that he told me i could have for 1175.00 if i wanted it. NP1 reticle
now i now that is a pretty good deal. but when i purchase rings for this scope i am still in the 12-13 hundred dollar range.
Do not know what rings to get either.
I could go with an 6 X 24 X 56 IOR scope that come with the rings for about the same money 13-14 hundred. mp-8 reticle
or maybe even go with a new Sightron 111 ..
I mean i will not have much recoil because the 260 is small plus i have a muzzle brake on it also... impact shock should not be a problem with any scope.
i have to make some sort of decision soon gun will be done in 3 weeks.

Sounds like you are having the rifle custom built, and that you have the money for the scope, so I'm going to assume you will have money for ammo and range fees. For that price on the NF, I'd stick with that over the IOR and Sightron, as long as you like that particular reticle for your purposes. As far as rings go, I like the Seekins Precision stuff.

Geb

Your friend is offering you a very good deal on a great scope. That scope would be great on many long range rifles in the future too. I would take your friend up on the awesome deal he is offering. I would buy the NF ultra lite rings. And a 20 moa base for this rifle. Check it out first but I would guess it will take the 1.125" high rings.

.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.