What to buy?? Howa or savage??

You couldn't give me a Savage with an Accu-Trigger! I HATE the lawyer trigger!

The new Howa triggers are probably the best out of the box factory trigger I've tried. Fit and finish is way better than Savage, just overall they are a better built rifle.

Kinda like comparing a nice die-cast model truck to a fisher price wal-mart special...just no comparison.

It's a tough choice, I'd go with what you want to do long term. I have 5 savages but my next 204 will be a Howa. I also have two Remington that out shoot my Savages. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Remember.. This is just between the savage and howa. I know the amount of 700rem parts can't be beat. And anyone can have one put together as custom as they want. But the two brands have ready to shoot rifles for under $500.00 that's what this post is about.

Still...you can buy a TRUED REM 700 with trigger for $349.00 (maybe 379). I say save your pennies for another month and splurge!

My buddy just bought one a bit ago from Pacific tool and Gauge. I think it even had one of their bolts in it and it was trued and came with a trigger.

Dang I just looked it up...smoking deal!

Only the short actions are priced at $329 but still that's an INSANE DEAL!!!

Has your buddy gotten it yet?

Dang I just looked it up...smoking deal!

Only the short actions are priced at $329 but still that's an INSANE DEAL!!!

Has your buddy gotten it yet?
Yep....build should be back from the smith next week....6.5-47L
Granted...you still need to get bottom metal, but many go for high end detachable box mags from the after market world anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts