What to build: Rem 700 LA magnum bolt face

ogreshooter

Wound up with a spare long action with magnum bolt face. Action is trued, bolt is trued, now what do I put in it?

Build a 7WSM? Great caliber for hunting
Build a 7RUM?
Build a 30 caliber magnum?

I am going to turn this around and sell it as long actions are not my favorite, but others like them.

Going to have a tuned Remington 700 trigger (old style) and an HS precision stock. Might even add a custom bolt knob.

What do you guys think? Christmas is coming, and this could be a wonderful opportunity to buy an "I LOVE ME!" present.

Let me know what you think!

Jason

I would sell it as is. If you put a bunch of parts into a build with a lot of time and money, especially paying someone to do the work you will most likely loose money. Unless the rifle is built exactly the way that a potential customer wants you will probably have to discount it to be able to move it. Just my observation on what I have seen from building rifles, everyone one wants something their way.

I had an FN Mauser commercial action from an older custom put together with a Shilen barrel Hogue stock and Bold trigger, with the metal Teflon coated and chambered in 264Win. I decided to part with it ( I hadn't had it long and looked new) to buy my daughter a Remington model 7 CDL in 7mm08. I settled for $250+ less than I had in it. I would advise you to sell the action and let someone else build on it since this is not a keeper.

Well, I will be doing all the work, so I am out nothing, just a barrel. The barrel I will be into for free also.

So, other ideas???

Since you are the actual builder you can make this work. Any of the calibers listed are very marketable. The cartridges that have ammo more readily available seem to sell quicker.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.