What to ask for gun

huntfishnd

I have a remington 700 vtr that is about a year and a half old it has between a 1000 and 1200 rounds down the tube. It has a Nikon m-308 riflescope which is sittin on a blackhawk picatinny rail. New the whole package was 1350 what is a fair price thanks.

I would suggest that you remove the scope from the rifle and sale it by itself. You can always get more for a scope by itself than you will by leaving it on a rifle. Don't know right off what those rifles are going for these days. I would suggest you find out the price of a new rifle and drop your price below that by at least 20%.
The old saying is, "something is worth only what someone is willing to give for it" applies here. Start with a higher price than you would actually take for it. It makes a fellow feel good to jew you down some. :D

Or you could open yourself a Gunbroker account and list it there. Remingtons are fairly popular. You could do alright in an online auction. Best of luck :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.