What shell holder for 338/378

Gnome!

Just a curious question for you more experienced re-loaders out there. I have purchased a Universal set of Lee shell holders and as you know it covers a great range of calibers but does not state on the card provided with it what shell holder to use for the 338/378.

I asked the dealer from where I bought my gear from what holder I should use as the per the card in the set as the Die set states the use of the #14, he replied with using the #8 and all should be good. OK I thoughts, and I checked it out and it seems to be a lil on the loos side.

Here is where I get a lil miffed... I have a FL Die Set for the 338/378 Wby Mag and on the case sticker it says;
Group A:
Use Shell Holder #14

Are the tolerances in the #8 Shell holder looser than that the of #14? Should I chase down the #14 or will the #8 be safe enough to use.

To me as I'm a bit fastidious regarding my gear, I'm leaning towards chasing down the #14 so that I know in my own mind that everything is correct.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts