What scope to use?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Harry Sanders, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Harry Sanders

Harry Sanders Member

New build. 340 Weatherby on a well tuned 375 length Whitworth Action. Barrel maker and contour not yet decided. A killer piece of English Walnut on the accurate innovations frame. Now what scope to use. I can use a Swarovski PH 3-12 with TDS, A Swarovski Z6i 2-12 TDS, or a Zeiss Victory FL 4-16. What say you> Other suggestions?

2. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

I would take a look at the greybull precision scope. Was a little skeptical until i got one. Just a nice scope.

3. dig

dig Well-Known Member

All great choices! I am a big swaro fan as there customer service is outstanding. Leica/Zeiss seem to charge a ton for service, Swaro has never charged even for my own negligence. Customer service means a lot these days, Leupy has also provided great service. The 3-12 is a great rang for the caliber.

4. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

What is terrain like,what is your farthest shooting, and target size? If you are going to stretch that 340's legs out I would go with the higher power

5. Good

Good Well-Known Member

I was thinking similar although all his choices are good with exceptional glass.

6. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

I own one of Greybull Precision Leupold scope by John Burns and am going to order another one because I like it so well. My 25-06 has one and I will put one on my 7mm RUM next. Shot an antelope with the 2506 at 463 yards. Very pleased.

7. Bill Maylor

Bill Maylor Well-Known Member

That powerhouse 340WBY needs something like this- The Zeiss Victory 6-24X56 T*VM/V. This is a great scope:). Some day I hope to have one. After hunting season is the best time to buy a scope. Good luck with your build, that 340 will be a blast to shootgun) Bill Maylor..

8. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

I have had a 4-14 leupold on my 340 since they came out, worked great, lots of nice scopes these days,my brother in law has a greybull on his 340.