What removable scope mounts without loss of 0

davyd

Appreciate some help

Looking for good scope mounts that enable scope to be removed and reattached without loss of Zero.

It works for my blaser (astonishinlgy well)- but the mount only fits a blaser - I am looking for alternatives for other rifles

Had IOR EAW rings on the 50BMG when I had it they held zero very well as the gun was always transported with the scope off.They make them for Remington M700, Winchester Model 70 and Mauser 98.Kinda spendy but very well made!
boomerthumper.jpg

BOOMERCLIFF.JPG

IOR EAW QD rings

[ QUOTE ]
Appreciate some help

Looking for good scope mounts that enable scope to be removed and reattached without loss of Zero.

It works for my blaser (astonishinlgy well)- but the mount only fits a blaser - I am looking for alternatives for other rifles

[/ QUOTE ]

Ruger's integral bases, no way to loose zero

Any high quality weaver style base and badger or nightforce or leupold mark 4 or similar rings. The key to getting them to return to absolute zero is a torque wrench and torque em to the same setting every time.

If you demand no tools, the lupy QR work well but seem to only get you back to within .2-.5 MOA with just thumb pressure.

Thanks for the feedback - more options than I knew.

Since I was looking to mount it on a Sako I was alos wondering if anyone has useds the sako optilock system - especially the quick mounts?

Davyd,

I have been thinking along those lines myself lately . One really good scope ,many uses .
So, does anybody know about the scope mounting gear shown in this ad ? [image]
leupold.jpg
[/image]

I think it's a new system that they came out w/last year. It is quite expensive (have to look @ the price sheet on Monday) I think. We dind't order any last year and never got a single request for one. So, needless to say, we didn't order any this year either.

I think that the base in the pic is a Tally , at least the base mounted to the gun looks like a standard Tally dovetail , that gun is a Dakota.

I have a couple sets of mounts that fit the picatinny base on my AR's and they return to zero , well enough for head shots with a 4x scope at 100yds.
I think that any Badger type ring would return to zero if you re-tourqued them

looks expensive and way to much stuff to come loose and go wrong , I'm a big fan of K.I.S.S. and alot of moving parts confuses me easly , I break out in a cold sweat and wimper like a little girl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Its a good thing that I only work ofr an Areo Space contractor huh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I agree and approach this with trepidation - but my Blaser R93 dissasembles and reassembles without obvious change of 0 - I now put the barrel on and the sight on and go varminting with shots of >200m with rechecking the 0. And I just use hand tension on the barrel locks and the one piece sight mount camms - quite nice to reassemble the rifle from a case in less than 2 minutes - it takes as long to put on the harris bipod as the barrel or the scope. So the technology is obviously now there ( Blaser has been doing it since 93 obviously) it is just figuring out whats out there,which actually work and what is apparently affordable- hence why I asked the question.

Here in Aus - there is less options and less depth - I f I ask a store i will get a blank look (like on lapping rings) or be pushed to the one solution they have rights too

Cheers

B&L and Kuharsky made Mounts which were adjustable for Windage and Elevation . The same Scope could be used on many different rifles . These Mounts are no longer made , but there are Dealers who specialize in them and there are still a lot available . Most were made for the pre64 Model 70 Winchester or the 700 Remington . I had a friend who used plenty of the B&Ls . There were two types : the Plunger Type and the Spring Type . My friend said that one Type returned to Zero , and the other did not . Unfortunately , I can't remember which was the good type . Anyway , it worked well on a 30-06 , but I don't know if it would work well on these Big Boomers lots of the guys here use .

Tulku thanks - that is interesting.

For me, ironically, I actually WANT to use it on small calibres - as I have pretty much any big calibre hunting/varminting covered by my Blaser

I ultimately want the mounts to fit to sako 11mm rails

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.