What reloading manual do use?

Which reloading manuel do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Being new to metallic I am using the Lee book. I was hoping to get some ideas here, I think next will be the Sierra book. I want to get start loading bottleneck but I must admit it is a little intimidating.

Like others, I have multiple reloading manuals: Lee, Lyman, Nosler, Hodgdon and then I also reference website load data of powder companies. Just used the Lyman today for reloading some 257 Roberts ammo and figuring out some loads for a 6.5x257R chambered Italian Carcano-Japanese surplus rifle that was once a 6.5X50.

I currently have a Hornady. I liked their intro in the front of the book best. It resembled the front end of a speer manual, that I referenced when I started reloading when I was 11. At that time the speer was 13yrs old, scarry.

I use a lot of Montana Brand's Ramshot. So I use the manual for cartridge specs, bullet reference, and use current information from Ramshot's PDF load manual. Use the most currnet reference, for new powder.

I quit using Hodgdon powder after minimum loads nearly ruined my AR 6.8 SPC.

A Barnes manual, if I buy a new one, would be my next selection.:)

I started with an RCBS RC supreme kit so Speer and the ABCs of reloading were my first reloading books. Now I have Nosler, Hornady, Barnes, Lyman and Speer for manuals. And a few other books now.

I'm a data whore. Anyone have a Sierra they want to part with? :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.