What mid price scope for .338lapua

Doc one shot

Thinking of getting a savage 10fcp in .338 Lapua mag. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it,some long range target if I can find a place. I'd like a decent scope to be able to shoot out to 600 plus yards and keep in under a 1000$

Welcome to the forum! Great bunch of people on this board and a ton of great information. The search function is your friend here as this topic has been covered in depth over and over again. But since you asked I will give you my opinion, just remember it really comes down to budget, personal preference and needs. For the budget you listed in my opinion Leupold is hard to beat, that is what I have on my Lapua. There will be many opinions on this, bottom line buy the best glass your budget will allow and you will not be sorry.

lv2hunt

On my 338 R.U.M. and my 300 R.U.M. I used Millett LRS-1, 6-25x56 illuminated mildot bar reticle and they are great. They stay zeroed and hold up to a nasty muzzle brake, which alot of scopes won't. Optics are crystal clear and I can't find anything wrong with them. The LRS-1 is $479. I have a bunch of TRS-1 that are 4-16x56 and they have been great too and they are around $300.. The only thing I own that is better is my Night Force but that's a $1,500 scope. The Night Force is the most repeatable scope, but I'm a hold-over guy because it's quicker and easier with a handheld rangefinder, so that's why I only own one Night Force. It's on my 50 BMG.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.