what make is your AR?

Although I have two great .223, I still have the bug to purchase an AR plateform in a larger caliber. I have been researching and may have narrorred it down to having GAP Precision build the GAP-10 for me in .260 and try this rifle out, or would I be better off getting it in .308. I would like to shoot to 800 yards with it for comp and coyote's. GAP seems to build a very accurate rifle and said the GAP-10 will shooting 3/4".

Any thoughs and suggestions?

Don't know if you reload,but myself would go for 308. Alot of ammo out there for 308. I just love the 308 . great round for alot of applications.

I own a Rock River and LOVE it. Very accurate and smooth trigger. Just a great AR to shoot. I have no complaints with it.

I have a Rock River M4 clone for my quick handling gun. I have a JP Enterprises machined upper flattop with 24" HB and a Colt National Match lower that is stupid accurate. I also have a stripped lower AR15 and AR10 waiting to build.

Quote:
"Although I have two great .223, I still have the bug to purchase an AR plateform in a larger caliber. I have been researching and may have narrorred it down to having GAP Precision build the GAP-10 for me in .260 and try this rifle out, or would I be better off getting it in .308. I would like to shoot to 800 yards with it for comp and coyote's. GAP seems to build a very accurate rifle and said the GAP-10 will shooting 3/4."

I can tell you 3/4 in. is WAY underpromising! My GAP LR-308 will do .3 in groups @ 100 with fac. match grade ammo. It seems to really love the Nosler Trophy Grade in 165 AB's. I think my avg 3 round goup @ 100 with the 165 AB's is just over .5. I love my GAP and it was totally worth the money and the wait. I'm trying to justify another!

My AR-15 is a bunch of company's...

DPMS
JP Rifles
Les Baer
Magpul
Double Star
Tubb's
Burris
...few more.. You got the good ones..

I have a DPMS lite and my wife has a Bushmaster. They are both awesome AR's. I got mine used with all of the goodies for under $800. My wife won hers in a raffle.

My upper is a RRA 20" predator pursuit. My lower is a C3 defense. It shoots as good as the nut behind the trigger.

In all seriousness, this combination will shoot any quality ammo very well. Hand loads are out of this world. its only week point is the stock DPMS trigger that came with the parts kit. Its rock solid reliable if a little heavy. I will replace it when I can afford a Giesle.

The manufacturers name on the lower receiver really doesn't mean much or matter much except maybe for resale value. What does matter is who made the barrel which might be one company or several. . For many rifles there is no marking as to who bored and rifled the barrel or who contoured and and chambered it .
It's very common for neither of those to be the company you buy the rifle from.

DPMS Panther Lite 16, Rock River A3 Upper, Eotech sight, rear co-witness sight, Picatinny 4 rail, SOG downward grip and Surefire Light! It is my Zombie Slayer!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.