what kind of action???

One more thing on the Howa/Vanguard. I also think they are a tighter and smoother action than the 700. Go to the store, work a couple off the shelf and decide for your self.

Smoother than a stainless Remington maybe.
My chromoly R700s are like glass.

Smoother than a stainless Remington maybe.
My chromoly R700s are like glass.
Both of my current 700's are stainless w/ jeweled bolts, and they are SMOOTH. My Model 7 custom I had was an old 7 action, that was gloss blue with a jeweled bolt, and it was absolutely smooth as moly. Alot of the newer Remingtons I've noticed that are all matte-blued finish and matte blue bolt, the actions aren't anywhere near as smooth.

What model Remingtons are made of Chromoly?

Both of my current 700's are stainless w/ jeweled bolts, and they are SMOOTH. My Model 7 custom I had was an old 7 action, that was gloss blue with a jeweled bolt, and it was absolutely smooth as moly. Alot of the newer Remingtons I've noticed that are all matte-blued finish and matte blue bolt, the actions aren't anywhere near as smooth.

What model Remingtons are made of Chromoly?

All my Remingtons are from BDLs and all are chrome-moly steel...aka jewelry when blueprinted.
Stainless actions are for guy that don't know how to clean an action. :) JK!

The matte-blue is not the same...I don't like it

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts