What is special about a Jarrett barrel/blank?

Figured that was the case, there was a .338 Jarret blank on eBay last week, that a guy was trying to sell for $900.

Is there something that makes them better than other barrels?

It says Jarrett on it, therefore they can charge 5x what it's worth. :cool:

I'd buy a $100 factory barrel before I'd drop $900 on a **** blank... Not even if Ackley had owned it and his name was on it, and there was a picture of him holding it for proof.

Better quality control they pass his Personal specks ,invented and built his own Custom action,heck the list goes on n on Read up on the man He's a living Legend!!! Wish I Owned one of his rifles , but sadly I don't but that don't Mean I Don't Admire the Man and what He's Done!!!gun)gun)gun) regards jjmp

Back in the day, 15-25 years ago, Kenny Jarrett was THE guy to produce a tack driving hunting rifle on reworked Remington actions and various rifle barrel builders. He learned that more often then he had hoped the barrels wouldn't produce the accuracy standards he would let go out his shop. So he went about making his own barrels, and the lemon barrels he had to replaced dropped immensely. Later in early 2002-2003 came up with his own Tri-Lock bolt action, as well as his own stocks they manufactured.

I own one of his older complete rifles built on a Remington Action, a McMillan Stock and his barrel in 280 AI. It's shoots 1/4"-3/8" groups with no less then five different bullets in various weights, and has taken countless Game Animals in the last 15 years. I even sent him a Bruce Baer built rifle on a Nesika Bay action to convert it to his 300 Jarrett cartridge which was also a tack driver. It wore his barrel as well and yet the Hart Barrel he pulled off it would never produce a single group I could use after 250 rounds and off it went! I've owned Hart barrels before that had worked, yet that one sucked and even during break in the gun was shooting 1/4 with a 165 Nosler BT and VV N165 at a blistering 3450 fps.

It's unfortunate he's fallen off the map as of late but two decades ago know one could touch him for a hunting weight rifle that consistently shot that well and was so honest that know one came even close to his respect.

They plainly shot, and shot super well, or didn't go out the door. That and the break-in was done as well as the load work ready to go the moment it was in your hands with loaded ammo and 30 days to decide if you loved it or your money back!

How many gun smiths do you know that will just hand you your money back after 30 days.

Figured that was the case, there was a .338 Jarret blank on eBay last week, that a guy was trying to sell for $900.
I missed this part of your question:

First off I'd never buy anything off Ebay. If memory serves me he only charges $385.00 for a barrel (same price as every other barrel maker) and something like $280.00 for chambering, crown and fit in something like 90 different cartridges and $195.00 for the action work.

That's $860.00 for a complete barreled action right from their shop so why would you go to a third party off Ebay in the first place for just a barrel?

Buyer beware I suppose, doesn't make much sense when you could chose a gun smith with decades of experience and yet compare a Ebay listing that's not an apples to apples comparison or reality for that matter. A little more information goes a long way into saying something with experience vs. just internet jargon.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.