What is deal with 338 RUM?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by cumminsusa, Aug 24, 2010.

1. cumminsusa

cumminsusa Member

Why is it that nobody other then Remington that makes 338 RUM brass? As for factory ammunition I only know of Federal that makes them other then rem. I don't expect any body to be able to know the answer. Just want to know what you guys have heard.

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Well-Known Member

I kind of felt the same way you feel about my .300 RUM but i found out that nosler makes some good brass for it maybe they make some for the .338 Ultra ?

just a thought.

BigBuck

3. sniperjwt

sniperjwt Well-Known Member

im sure its all about the $$$$$$$$. If they are the only ones that make it you have to buy it from them. Being they designed the cartridge then im guessing they have not released the right for anybody else to make it. Makes business cents i guess:D (sense mispelled on purpose for the play on words effect about money)

4. Hntbambi

Hntbambi Well-Known Member

Since Remington is dropping the models that are even chambered for the 338 RUM, I don't see it as a big seller. Why would other companies jump in and retool to make it when they know they can sell the popular chamberings?

5. D.A.T.

D.A.T. Well-Known Member

its like trying to find 300 rum brass,my brother cant find much other than rem or nosler

6. cumminsusa

cumminsusa Member

At least he has a choose. The rem brass works fine for me right now, but it would be nice down the road some day. That I could use some nicer brass. I have only been reloading just shy of a year. So they will do me just fine for a long time. Just wanted to see if any body had found or was using something else.

7. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010