What is a M700 Ti worth?

d500lnn

I'm trying to find a Ti original in something like a 308 or 7-08. What should I expect to pay in different conditions like good, fair, rough, or perfect? I have a hankering for one...

Thanks,

d500lnn

A local shop had one in good condition, in a McMillan, with a tag of $ 3, 000 . I think it was a consignment. They wouldnt say, but somebody was trying to flip it quick.

$3000! That thing better have had a NF scope bolted to the top of it...

I can build a complete custom, custom action, barrel, McMillan stock, etc.... For ALOT less than that.

I know it's made of solid Ti......I have a S&W 340PD revolver made of solid Scandium and Titanium, and it only cost me $899+ tax... And Scandium is alot more expensive than Ti.

By no means did I feel like it was a bargain. This place is high in general, but its the west coast . They treat guns like houses. The higher the price tag, the more interest in it

Buy a Pierce action,and build what you want in the caliber you want you will end up with far better than a Rem TI. JMO

The reason I say that is that the Rem TI is discontinued so everyone wants an arm and a leg for a used one but they are highly over rated. IMO

If you can find one you are going to pay a lot, the ones on gunbroker are at $1200 and have not met the reserve. I have one in a 7-08 and it is a great rifle, it will shoot 120 BT around .5. Ask around to your shooting buddies or people at the range if they know anyone who has one, they may sell it. Thats how I got mine, I asked a guy who had two, if he would sell me one of his, he said no but he had a friend who had one and he would ask him. He got back to me three days later and said his friend would sell me his, I got it for $550!!! It never hurts to ask.

If you can find one you are going to pay a lot, the ones on gunbroker are at $1200 and have not met the reserve. I have one in a 7-08 and it is a great rifle, it will shoot 120 BT around .5. Ask around to your shooting buddies or people at the range if they know anyone who has one, they may sell it. Thats how I got mine, I asked a guy who had two, if he would sell me one of his, he said no but he had a friend who had one and he would ask him. He got back to me three days later and said his friend would sell me his, I got it for $550!!! It never hurts to ask.
Holy crap! That's a steal! If you see one around here, you'd think it was made of 24K gold...

I would buy 4 if I could find them for $550! Not because I love them so much but that would be an absolute steal! I've never been so lucky.

Good gosh. I had one in a .270(one of the originals) traded it many years ago for a Beretta Mato. Good decision back then...now, **** I wish I would have kept it. Not because I loved the rifle. It actually couldn't hit a golf ball consistently at 100...maybe not even a tennis ball. I despised the rifle and dumped it. Had I known they would bring so much....hind sight 20/20

I have one in 7-08 and after reading this post, will definitely keep it!!!:). Put a McMillan Hunters Edge stock on it, added bottom metal from Brownell's, scoped it with either a Leupold 2.5X8 or 4.5X14 Silver and gave it a Tubb's Final Finish treatment. With a 140 gr Sierra Pro Hunter on top of 42gr of IMR 4064, it is well under a half inch@ 100 yds. Weight just over 6 lbs. Carries all day long!!!:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.