• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED What is a .22 Diamondback worth

• Thread starter Deleted member 56284
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56284

I have a .22 Colt Diamondback with a 6" barrel in blue. All original and has been shot but is in excellent condition. I would say it is 95% plus. Can someone help me out if they have a blue book and/or first hand knowledge as to what it is worth. I am thinking of listing it for sale and would like to know what a fair and reasonable price is. I see them on gunbroker for $1,300 on up but a lot of firearms on gunbroker are over priced and never sell. If I decide to list it as I am serious and not fishing and want to list it at a fair price for both seller and buyer. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would say 1K to 1200.00 is a fair price for one of these if the condition warrants. I would be interested in it if you decide to sell.

The blue book doesn't count when something is very disireable, as diamondbacks are. The best thing to do is sell it on auction. It will bring the current market value. Do it before the end of March, though. Traffic and prices go down after that.

The ones that have sold recently on gunbroker in your described condition have gone in the $1350-$1600 range.

The blue book doesn't count when something is very disireable, as diamondbacks are. The best thing to do is sell it on auction. It will bring the current market value. Do it before the end of March, though. Traffic and prices go down after that.

People can say what they want about the Blue Book.....but.....there is actual worth, and then theres what someone is willing to pay on Gunbroker. Auctions will always bring the highest price. Just because someone is willing to pay $1600.00 for one doesn't mean thats what they are worth. Of course in your case if you are wanting to sell it, you will be looking to get top dollar for it. I bought my Colt Python in 98% condition for $495 four years ago:D

People can say what they want about the Blue Book.....but.....there is actual worth, and then theres what someone is willing to pay on Gunbroker. Auctions will always bring the highest price. Just because someone is willing to pay $1600.00 for one doesn't mean thats what they are worth. Of course in your case if you are wanting to sell it, you will be looking to get top dollar for it. I bought my Colt Python in 98% condition for $495 four years ago:D

If it's not "worth" what it sells for, then, according to your definition, it's only worth the value of the raw materials that it takes to build it.

If I want to buy that pistol for $100,000, does that make that pistol worth that much money??????? NO! Theres a Blue Book for a reason!!!!!!!!! There has to be a basis for which a worth is assessed to something. Nevermind......its obvious you don't get it. You can base your values how ever you want......thats the joys of living in this country......Sorry I wasted the OP's time here. Name your price and thats what its worth!!!lightbulblightbulblightbulb

Easy guys, the last thing I wanted to do was start something like this. I think if someone bought a Colt Python for that kind of money they got a very good deal and bully for them. I live in a more remote part of the country and we don't have a lot of gun shops or gun shows and I wanted to get a feel for what is a reasonable price. If you read my initial post I acknowledged that there are some inflated prices on gunbrokers as I have looked at firearms that I am familiar with. That said I do know there is not that many .22 Diamondbacks available and they quit making them years ago. I am a fair guy and that is why I asked what a reasonable price is considering the market for these. There are lots of guns that sell on websites for more than they did when new and there are some that depreciate markedly the instant you leave the store or run a round down the barrel. I don't want to "give it a way" but I am not the type to "go fishing" like some do on these websites, trolling in hopes they find an unknowing sucker.

Can't we all just get along, oh, sorry that's been used. rickster308

22 Diamondbacks are very desirable. As with many collectible and desirable guns, the blue book does not reflect current market prices. Many guns on there go for much more than they are valued at. I could make a living buying guns at their blue book prices and selling them for real market value. Come to think of it, many guys do that.

Realizing desirability, I don't like to give my collectible guns away. Those that desire it can compete for the current value. I have found that on an auction, guys won't let a desirable gun go too cheap. I'm not afraid to let bidding start at $.01. I find it entertaining and exhilarating to watch the bidding.

If I want to buy that pistol for $100,000, does that make that pistol worth that much money??????? NO! Theres a Blue Book for a reason!!!!!!!!! There has to be a basis for which a worth is assessed to something. Nevermind......its obvious you don't get it. You can base your values how ever you want......thats the joys of living in this country......Sorry I wasted the OP's time here. Name your price and thats what its worth!!!lightbulblightbulblightbulb

Dude - you're an idiot. The definition of "worth" to the buyer is what they are willing to pay. It's worth whatever it brings in the open market. And just because you stole a Python off some grieving widow for $495 doesn't make you special. Grab your ball and go home crybaby.

dude - you're an idiot. The definition of "worth" to the buyer is what they are willing to pay. It's worth whatever it brings in the open market. And just because you stole a python off some grieving widow for $495 doesn't make you special. Grab your ball and go home crybaby.
Nevermind....dealing with someone like this is a waste of time. Thanks for the name-calling......theres teenagers on here that don't resort to that. I'll go ahead and take my Python back to the GUN SHOP where I bought it because I got too good of a deal on it. Merry Christmas to EVERYONE else.
Chuck

Recent Posts