What hunting scopes track the best

hunter4764

I am new to long range hunting, can some of you guys tell me what scopes track the best. I plan on using something in the 12 to 16 power range and have really considered installing a Kenton hunting turret on the scope that I choose to go with. I think the Huskmaw is to expensive for the quality of the scope. I don't feel you need a 20 power scope on deer sized game out to about 800yds. That is about the max, I would like to shoot.
Thank you,
Jerry

I like leupold, always have, and only have leupold scopes. I think that they are a good value for the dollar and havent noticed any problems tracking with them. My personal favorite of the leupolds are the 4.5-14's and the 6-18's. I hear alot of talk about nightforce, but have never owned or tried one. They are a little pricey but after watching shawn carlocks video and seeing how they track and repeat, I would say that you would not have any problems with repeating in those scopes. Eventually I do plan to own one.

My only experience with a scope that didn't track right was a Swarovski. Maybe a fluke. I put it on a rifle that doesn't get dialed and bought a 14X Leupold from John Burns with the yardage turret and wind reticle. Works and tracks great and its the older single spring. They have 2 springs now which is supposed to be better.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts