What happened to the old timers?

bombdog

I have been around here a long time, I don't think I missed reading almost every post in quite a few years. Not always everyday but within a couple. I have been hunting LR for quit a while, even killed a few things. Have seen a lot of new names and a lot of the old ones disapear. I hope you are still around and just quet such as I. Would really like to know and see a login of who is still around.

Hi,
I've been away motorcycling for a while.
Now I'm retired, and I'm back.

Member #16
C'ya, John.

#81 Still here.I think what we are seeing is a lot of different names for the same people??

Lots of old timers still check the site just don't post any more!
Posters ask for opionins or "this VS that" and then want to argue over your opionin!! Remember if you ask for someone elses opionin and you don't like it tough sh!t, why try to challenge them on thier opionin?
Also keep in mind "old timers" for this form might only be "five or six years" maybe we should be called "old posters"!!!!
Worst part of all is the "True Long Range Talent" that has left this site!! There has been some very remarkable talent that has come and gone over differing opionins, I enjoyed both sides of the debates. Hated to see good people with real world knowledge leave over different methods.
Also when reading the posts lately you would question if people know we have a "search tool"

Its all been good
CAM

unfortunately the search kind of stinks. I have not found a way to search for all the word in a post not just one. I was trying to find information on a 270 Ackley and everytime 270 was written in a post I got a hit but none pertained to a 270 Ackley. You're right about people being chased off for different opinions. You'd swear someone came in a crapped on the other guys floor by the way they react to different methods. People in general ned to chill out. I've learned a ton from this site and all its knowledgable posters.

There is no tyoe of hunting I enjoy more than long range. The trouble is most areas of the country has terrain and foilage that is quite different, thus requiring different techniques or style of hunting. It requires an open mind and understanding of these practices.

The mountains and thick trees in the mountains of Pa. are quite different from the areas hunted in Wyoming verses Texas. It is my belief if we understand thar and keep an open mind of this ALL will get along much easier.

It is with great disapointment I have seen some very experienced and knowledgable hunters come and go over the years. Sometimes it is best to wait, listen, and digest what is expressed rather to interject our opinion or techniques used. We must keep in mind the different terrains we enjoy our sport in.

We are blessed with one of the most informative sites on the net concerning most aspects of our sport. It seems quite imparitive to preserve this. It is my sincere desire that long timers and newbies alike will be open minded and susceptive of eaches imput. If everyone would treat each individual we come in contact with daily as we would like to be treated the world as we know it would change overnight.

I would like to discuss these techniques from around the country in a susceptive manner. I have enjoyed this sight for many years and hope to for many years to come.

Just a few thoughts. To all have an enjoyable and safe hunting season. Just sitting back now and digesting what is posted.

OT: search functions

A quick note on the search feature. Put a '+' in front of required search terms. Ex: +270 +Ackley will give you much better results. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts