What exactly is the 7mm AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me what the parent case is for the 7mm AM and maybe where I can find more info about it, like velocities and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also get more information RIGHT HERE

The 7mm Allen Mag is based on the 338 Lapua as already stated. IT is basically in the imrpoved configuration but consistant with my Allen Mag shoulder and body configuration which is somewhat different then the Improved.

Basically you get near 3800 fps with a 140 gr class bullet, +3550 fps with a 160 gr bullet.

Currently, the 200 gr ULD RBBT is limited in velocity to around 3250 fps because of the J-4 jacket used in the original bullet design. A new heavier jacket is now being used which will handle more velocity so we will see what velocity level the 7mm AM will produce with this bullet.

All of these velocities are from a 30" barrel.

This is the latest 7mm Allen Mag to leave the shop. Bsaed on a Nesika Bay receiver and a very light #6 contour, heavy fluted 30" Lilja barrel.

338490.jpg

This is a true heavy sporter weight rifle. This target is the 100 yard accuracy confirmation target using the 200 gr ULD loaded to 3200 fps with 105.0 gr WC872.

338491.jpg

Not bad for the first serious loads though the rifle before any barrel break in has been performed. With a bit of load tweaking this rifle will average under 1/2 moa at this range and significantly better in moa at longer ranges. This is a true 1500 yard rifle package as is SS7mm 7mm AM.

IF you want any more specific information drop me an e-mail at the address below and we can chew the fat about the 7mm AM. THere is also a 277 AM which is the same case but necked down to 270. Designed to shoot the 169.5 gr ULD RBBTs at 3550 fps and the new 185 gr ULD at 3350-3400 fps.

Kirby Allen(50)

Knappy,

Recoil of the rifles as pictured is about that of a 243 sporter rifle, very low. Its hard to believe until you pull the trigger on a 200 gr ULD RBBT ripped out the muzzle at +3200 fps and the rifles simply does not move enough to prevent you from seeing that big hammer land down range.

Most of my customers do not believe me about the lack of recoil until they shoot the rifles and see. Then I remove the brake and let them try her again, they all LOVE brakes after that little experiment!!

I assure you recoil is not an issue!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Fifty: how long will the barrel on this thing last? I know its a hunting rifle, and only shot 50-100 times a year.

1000 rounds maybe?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, not an insult Roy,buffalobob is a member of the forum.
I guess after looking at the pic again,the action I sold Bob was a single shot.

Norhman,

Throat live is obviously an issue with this and all the Allen Magnum rounds which is why They are promoted as big game rifles. As Varmint rifles they would keep me busy with rebarrel jobs!!

Maybe I should be promoting them as varmint rifles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

If you take care of the barrels and don't over heat the big 7mm you will get 1000 rounds of very useful long range big game accuracy out of a barrel.

I am currently testing a system that may well increase this to a full 2000 rounds but more testing needs to be performed before offering this to my customers. Early tests look very promising though!!

Good Shooting

Kirby Allen(50)

Ballistic 64

The action you sold me is in the cabinet. I am very happy with it and I think it was a good price. I am waiting on my son to decide where he is going to school so I will know what the tuition is going to cost me. He has several offers but the one he wants has not yet made an offer. Some are expensive some are cheap and some are offering him scholarships. Should know something in the next month.

I like to enjoy my life but there is a time when one has priorities other than fun.

If you happen upon another Nesika M then Jimm needs one too. It'll give him something to do beside post up the little roll around guy.

Fully understand the priorities Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
When your rifle does all come together be sure to post up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif,and good luck to your son /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts