What equipment do you take?

gilmillan1

Hello,

I am trying to obtain a survey of the type of equipment each and everyone takes with them to the field when hunting at long range distances. For this survey, we will only focus on "hunting" and not necessarily on target shooting. The reason I focus on hunting is because different equipment is required for a quick shot when shooting. I am interested in finding out what is the best combination of equipment to make a shot when it counts.

my list:

rifle & scope
custom reloads
shooter app in phone
range finder
binoculars
tripod for rangefinder/binos
knife
sometimes spotting scope

whats your list like?

Lets see...

eberlestock daypack
camelback
waterproof matches
buck knife
leatherman
compass
flashlight
headlamp
hot hands heaters
Mittens and gloves(wear one set)
deer drag
Orange cap and hat (wear one)
Extra layer rolled up to the bottom of the pack
elk cow call (stops deer)
Para cord
tp
alcohol wipes
rubber gloves
ziplock bag
binos
protein bars
Gun
rangefinder
bipod
ammo
Probably more. I will have too look in my pack. Come to think of it, the pack is a little heavy. Slight variations if bow hunting(scentaway ) if I am hunting in an unknown area a GPS with ndtrax is on it.

Hello,

I am trying to obtain a survey of the type of equipment each and everyone takes with them to the field when hunting at long range distances. For this survey, we will only focus on "hunting" and not necessarily on target shooting. The reason I focus on hunting is because different equipment is required for a quick shot when shooting. I am interested in finding out what is the best combination of equipment to make a shot when it counts.

my list:

rifle & scope
custom reloads
shooter app in phone
range finder
binoculars
tripod for rangefinder/binos
knife
sometimes spotting scope

whats your list like?

What headlamp do yuo have? I need to purchase one.

webbs gives a pretty complete list and is very close to mine. Being from AZ, I don't carry the cold weather gear, but I do carry a few more things for the desert. My fanny pack carries my emergency gear and first aid kit. Everything else is pretty much the same. Don't forget the license & permit (if required).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.