what do you guys think about the scope ziess 4.5x14x44 z800

hunter 22

Gentleman

I just puchased a new ziess scope 4.5 14 x 44ob what do you think about it. And will it work well on a new 300 win mag

Im going to use 180 barns tipped TSX I have yet to reload any thing still looking at the books. I have decided to use H4831sc as a powder and federal mag primers just waiting on the scope to arrive the rifle is bran new in the box I have yet to break in the barrel and I'm fealing a little bit aprehensive about the bullet wait just looking at the BC down range

I would say everything looks good from where im at. Just develop your load anduse the zeiss. calculator Welcome to Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. this is what the cal looks like after you input all your data.
wNrstC8hLm5egAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

use this scope on my .300RUM, works great, stadia lines match well to 700 yds with scope at 12.7 power.

just put the same scope but in a 50mm objective on a sendero 300 win mag. did my barrel break in a few weeks ago with 150 grain factory loads and when i took it out to 700 yards it took some adjustments with the power to get it perfect but after that it was great. Im looking forward to getting a handload developed so I can finalize my power setting. you should be excited, its a darn good setup. i wish i had the time to get out more with mine right now. good luck and let us know how development goes.

Gentleman

I just puchased a new ziess scope 4.5 14 x 44ob what do you think about it. And will it work well on a new 300 win mag
I have two of them. Both have been great scopes. They are both on rifles I carry pretty much daily and abuse constantly and I've never had the slightest issues with them.

The one I had on my 7mm Rem killed six deer and over a dozen hogs at ranges exceeding six hundred yards in low light conditions. Since it moved to the STW it has killed dozens more out to 1000yds. At the latter I'd prefer a little more magnification which is why I moved up to the 20x and 50mm obj.

The one I have on my .204 has killed prairie dogs (pickup loads) regularly at 300-500yds.

Great scopes for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.