What do you do with the Carcass?

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by kbb468, Oct 16, 2008.

1. kbb468

kbb468 Well-Known Member

Quick Question,
    This year will be my first try at coyote hunting. I have no need for the hide but I wanted to know what do must of you do with the carass after you shoot one, bury it, leave it, ...? Here in Alabama on land where we hunt whitetail I have been seeing increasing signs of coyotes and decreasing signs of small game such as rabbits and I think the coyotes are to blame. I hear them all the time while in my stand and I figure it has to be an increase in population to constantly see signs and hear them.

Regards

2. Wlfdg

Wlfdg Well-Known Member

I sell the furs when they are prime and feed the meat to my wolfdog.

3. Guy M

Guy M Well-Known Member

I leave 'em to the other scavengers.

4. kbb468

kbb468 Well-Known Member

I guess I should drag them off and dump them in the creek to keep the smell away from my hunting area.

5. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

I have talked with the landowners/ranchers I hunt coyotes for and I dump them off where they dump their dead animals or garbage. If you leave them lay it may become a potential problem. Go the extra mile and the landowners talk and you will have more land to hunt than you know what to do with. At least it worked for me.

Brent

6. kstrick

kstrick Well-Known Member

PLEASE don't throw a carcass into a creek. It will pollute everything down stream. Talk about p___ing off a land owner to see a coyote or two floating down his creek for his wife or kids to see.
    Where in AL do you hunt?

7. kbb468

kbb468 Well-Known Member

kstrick

You are right, the creek is not a good idea. I should ask where to discard of the carcass as stated by blipelt. And if there is no where recommended then I should make a suggestion of some where far away from the hunting and grazing areas.

I hunt just south of Selma and around the border of Marengo and Perry county.

KBB

8. ba19500

ba19500 Well-Known Member

I staked down deer hides out in a harvested bean or corn field for long raage crow shooting. A carcass should work just as good.

9. snowpro440

snowpro440 Well-Known Member

dont ya think the creek is ok cause the crawfish get fed that way?:)

10. nnomad46

nnomad46 New Member

I skin them and sell the hides.Some i use for my mountain man gear.I use a muzzle loader.A true blackpowder rifle. no inliner for me thank you

nnomad46:)

11. loaders_loft

loaders_loft Well-Known Member

hang 'em on a fence post, toss 'em up into a tree for the vultures, skin em out, drop 'em off at the rancher's dump site, or whatever. Not good to drop em into the creek, though...