What dies for my .308 loads?

imq707s

I just got my new CZ 550 Varmint rifle in today. I'm getting ready to order some dies so I can start working up some hand loads. In the past I've always used the standard RCBS 2-die set (full length sizer & deprimer/neck expander). How do these dies rank against some of the other "precison" brands of dies? I'm assuming that in order to get the best accuracy out of my new rifle I will need to full lenght size the brass, fire-form the brass, and then only neck size them after that.....right? How many reloads should I get from the brass before I have to start with a new batch?

What is a good set of dies to buy? I want a good set of dies that will give me good accuracy, and not break my wallet. Are the RCBS dies pretty good? What about the Lee dies?

Any info you guys could give me would be great.....I'm new to the "precision rifle" area of reloading. I'm used to just loading up rounds for hunting.

Thanks for the help.

I would get the Forster Bench Rest die set it has a Full Length sized and a great seater , then I would get a Lee collet die , the collet die is great for neck sizing and when it comes time to bump the shoulder back the FL die is a great quality

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.